In My Mind

Thursday, November 16, 2006

The Curious Incident of the Underpants in the Babybook Bag

For those of you who know me, you know I am constantly traveling back and forth between my house and my parents. Because of this Steve is occasionally asked to bring this or that. In this incidence it was my baby book bag. I am forever try to keep up with updating them and thought I could use my time at the parents house to do just that. So Steve obiendently brought them.

The day after he arrived at the rents house he went to get the car cleaned. In preparation he took everything out of the car and put it in the garage in a wheelbarrel, which just seems to be the most logical place to put things such as baby books and booster seats.

When I found my free time, I went out in the garage in search for the books and much to my surprise found stuffed in my bag a strange pair of mens underwear. My minds is always racing and this was no exception. Most people know I am a forever jumping to the most outlandis(sp?) conclusions (I blame Oprah and the plenthroa of information online). My first thougt; Steve is having an affair........with a man??

I go inside and try to compose myself because I know my mother is going to ask why I am holding mens underwear that clearly arent the kind Steve normally wears. At this piont I am trying to hold back giggles at the obserdity of it all. Luckily my mom is isnt around, so I head straight to the phone.

Steve answers and I can hear a gang in his office. I ask casually, "whose underwear is in my baby book bag"? He replies, "Oh yeah I was going to ask you about that". Okay is this a normal reaction if you are a man and you find mens underwear, that arent yours, in your wife's car. I can not believe he even asks me this. I tell him that he knows it is absolutely nuts to think I am to blame for this. I 99.99% of the time have 1 or 2 children literally hanging from me, yet I have the time to do something that would warrant it to be my fault that strange underwear is in the car.

Now from the outside I think this must sound ridiculous. He is laughing at the explanations I am offering. I have no reason not to trust him, and certainly no reason to think he is gay, but I am away from him for long peroids of time and who knows what other people do if you are not with them all the time. And besides I am now playing out the Oprah episode I would be on. "Cheating Gay Husbands". Oprah would ask, so you can no indication that your husband was cheating on you"? I would answer no and she would say "but what did you think when you found mens underwear in your car"? AAAAAA Duh. The audience would be saying in their heads; stupid, stupid, stupid.

I come back to relatity and tell him he better find out whose they are right away or I am going to lose it. A couple minutes later he calls back and says they belong to the schools trainer. They fell out of his bag when Steve drove a couple of people to a football game a few weeks back. Mystery solved....but why wouldnt said trainer wonder why his underwear disappears and how does he feel about me having them at my moms house? Oh well crisis over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home